EMFlood Resilience final symposium
Allée du 6-Août, 17
The Interreg project EMFloodResilience was initiated after the 2021 floodings. Together, the partners have made great efforts to set up a cross-border network to be better prepared and be able to help each other mutually in future flood events. During the last two years important results have been achieved within a series of workpackages, which will form a basis for the future euregional flood resilience.
The program will consist of two parts – in the morning a series of workshops to discuss results, experience and disseminate know-how, and in the afternoon the formal final symposium. This project is co-financed by Interreg EMR, a European Union funding programme.
09.00 – 09.30 | Welcome
09:30 - 12:30 | Part I : Workshops
Participants: content specialists (project partners and open for broader, relevant network organizations)
- Welcome by University of Liège and project team
- Presentation of results of EMFloodResilience as a basis for sessions:
- Workshop 1: Vegetation and Ecology ( lead by INBO and RWS)
- Workshop 2: Morphology (lead by RWS and ULiège)
- Workshop 3: Flood damage (lead by TU Delft, ULiège and RWTH Aachen)
- Workshop 4: Precepitation and discharge models (lead by RWS, KNMI, WVER and WL)
12:00 -12:30 | Presentation workshop results and conclusions
12:30h - 13:30 | Lunch break
13:30h – 16:00 |Part II: Formal final symposium EMFloodResilience
Participants: project partners, board members of partners, Interreg representatives chair of the symposium Chairman Lambert Verheijen (Waterboard Limburg)
- Welcome by the Chairman Lamber Verheijen
- Presentation Partners on project results
- Ideas/projects for future collaborations (depending on what we have then) and closing statement partners (to be agreed upon before between partners)
16:00 | End of symposium and after session
16:00 – 17:0000h | After session, networking
With this combination of workshops and symposium the project partners want to contribute actively to strengthening and deepening our network, on the one hand, and to achieve our deliverables and comply to our Interreg requirements, on the other hand.
Therefore, for the morning session we are happy to open the workshops and invite a broader set of potential participants from outsides the project rather than just the network organizations.
Register for the workshops by sending an email and indicating which workshop you will attend and if you take the opportunity for a lunch. After lunch, there will be sufficient facilities provided to keep on networking and deepen the discussions of the morning sessions! Please note that working language of the workshops will be English.